GOLDEN TRIANGLE WITH AMRITSAR
Seller: VS Global Voyages
Journey from Golden Temple to the Taj Mahal 07 Days – 06 Nights Delhi – Amritsar – Delhi – Agra – Jaipur – Delhi – Departure
Day 01: Arrive Delhi
Upon arrival at Delhi International airport, you will be welcomed by our company representative and transferred to your hotel for check-in. Your travel documents will be handed over to you with a briefing of the tour program. After check-in process, time free at leisure for own activities and relax in the hotel to acclimatization with Indian weather conditions.
DELHI - The National Capital of India is one of the most historical cities in the world. In AD 1639, the Mughal emperor shah Jahan built a walled city named Shahjahanabad which served as the capital of the Mughal Empire from 1649 till 1857. Shahjahanabad is known as Old Delhi. Later the British architect Sir Edwin Lutyens built a new city during the 1920s called New Delhi or Lutyens Delhi.
Overnight at Delhi (No Meals)
Day 02: Delhi – Amritsar (By Train at 0740/1325 hours)
Early morning, transfer to Delhi railway station to board the train to Amritsar. Upon arrival, meet & assist by our company representative and transfer to the hotel for check-in. Later in the evening, leave for an excursion to Wagah Border to witness the daily Flag Lowering Ceremony at India-Pakistan Border.
AMRITSAR -AMRITSAR - The name of the city derives from the name of the pool around the Golden Temple (also known as Harmandir Sahib) and means "holy pool of nectar" (Amrit: elixir; Sar: (short for sarovar) lake). It is the spiritual and cultural centre of the Sikh religion, and they are rightfully very proud of the city and their very beautiful and unique Gurdwara (place of worship). The Golden Temple was initiated by Guru Ramdaas Ji, the fourth Sikh Guru, and completed in 1601 by his successor Guru Arjan Dev Ji. It is now a major pilgrimage and tourism hub.
· Night visit to Golden Temple
Overnight at Amritsar (Breakfast)
Day 03: Amritsar – Delhi (By Train at 1650/2305 hours)
After breakfast, proceed for a guided tour of Amritsar visiting the Golden Temple; the most important religious place to the Sikhs. It's a stunning complex, and always full of thousands of pilgrims from all over world. Cover your head, remove your shoes and wander around one of the most amazing places in India. The complex is open almost 24 hours (06:00-02:00 the next day) and is worth visiting twice: once during the day, once at night, when it's beautifully lit up. Further continue your visit to Jallianwala Bagh (Garden) is a short 5-minute walk from the Golden Temple, and is the site of the 1919 Amritsar massacre. On 13 April of that year, British Indian Army soldiers opened fire on an unarmed gathering of men, women and children. The firing lasted about 10 minutes and 1650 rounds were fired, killing 1579 people. A memorial was built on the site and inaugurated by the then-President of India, Dr. Rajendra Prasad, on 13 April 1961. The well into which many people jumped and drowned attempting to save themselves from the hail of bullets is also a protected monument inside the park.
In the afternoon, spend some time for local souvenir shopping and in the evening, transfer to Amritsar railway station to board the train to Delhi. Upon arrival in Delhi, transfer to your hotel.
Overnight at Delhi (Breakfast)
Day 04: Delhi Sightseeing Delhi – Agra (220 kms drive)
Sightseeing – After breakfast, check-out from the hotel and drive pass through India Gate, Parliament House, presidents house and proceed to visit Raj Ghat; the final resting place of Mahatma Gandhi, the father of the nation. Further visit to Jama Masjid; built by the Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan. It is one of the largest and best known mosques in India. Further, we will drive-pass through Chandni Chowk Market; Asia's largest wholesale market and Red Fort; a beautiful red sandstone fort built by the Mughals.
· Rickshaw Ride in Chandni Chowk Market during sightseeing tour
· Visit to Dilli Haat; an open aircraft bazaar cum food plaza
· Other Attractions – Qutab Minar, India Gate, Parliament House, President’s House, Humayun’s Tomb, Lotus Temple, Akshardham Temple, Laxmi Narayan Temple, Lodhi Garden, Gurudwara Bangla sahib, National Museum.
Afternoon drive to Agra. Upon arrival, check-in to the hotel.
AGRA – Located at the bank of River Yamuna was known then as Akbarabād during Mughal Empire and remained the capital of the Mughal Empire under the Emperors till 1689.
Overnight at Agra (Breakfast)
Day 05: Agra – Jaipur (240 kms drive)
Early morning visit to Taj Mahal at sunrise. Taj Mahal; one of the new Seven Wonders of the World. Shah Jahan built this beautiful monument in the memory of his beloved wife Mumtaz Mahal. It took 22 years and 20000 workers to complete this perfectly symmetrical monument. Later return back to the hotel and have your breakfast. Check-out from the hotel and visit to Agra Fort; also known as the Red Fort is a world heritage site listed by UNESCO. The red sandstone fort was converted into a palace during Shāh Jahān's time, and reworked extensively with marble and pietra dura inlay. After visiting Agra fort, spend some time in shopping souvenirs.
· Tonga Ride at Taj Mahal
· Shopping – Fine Quality Marble, Textile, Handloom & Handicrafts
· Other Attractions – Itmad-Ul-Daula’s Tomb, Akbar’s Tomb (Sikandra, Mughal Heritage Walk
· Afternoon, drive to Jaipur. Upon arrival, check-in to the hotel and rest of the day free at leisure for own activities or relax in the hotel.
Overnight at Jaipur (Breakfast)
Day 06: Jaipur Sightseeing
JAIPUR – Named after its founder Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh II was established on 18 November 1727. Jaipur is considered as the first planned city in the country. In 1878AD, Jaipur was painted with Pink color to welcome Prince Albert, consort of Queen Victoria and since then the city is also known as “Pink City”.
Sightseeing – Early in the morning we will leave for an excursion to Amber City; the capital of Kachhwahas for six centuries before the foundation of Jaipur City. Ascend the Amber Fort with a traditional royal experience of Elephant ride. Within the Fort complex we will visit Sheesh Mahal, Diwan-e-Aam and Dowan-e-Khas. Later drive back to Pink City. En-route a short photo-shoot in-front the Jal Mahal, a small palace set in the middle of Man Sagar Lake.
Afternoon visit to the City Palace, situated in the heart of the old city occupies about one seventh of the Old City. Within the City Palace we will visit Mubarak Mahal, Clock Tower and City Palace Museum, Later we will visit Jantar Mantar Observatory, built in 18th century by Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh to study the movement of constellations and stars in the sky. The enormous sun dials still provides the accurate time. Before returning to your hotel, take pictures in-front the Hawa Mahal, ‘Palace of Winds’ a five storied semi-octagonal building having 152 windows was built in 1799 AD by Maharaja Pratap Singh for the royal ladies to enjoy the processions and other royal activities on the street.
· Visit to Chokhi Dhani Village (an ethnic village)
· Shopping – Jewellery, Textiles, Handloon & Handicrafts
· Other attractions – Birla Temple, Jaigarh Fort, Nahargarh Fort, Albert Hall
Overnight at Jaipur (Breakfast)
Day 07: Jaipur – Delhi (260 kms drive) Delhi – Departure
Check-out from the hotel and transfer to Delhi international airport to board the flight to onward journey.
Tour concludes with many unforgettable memories
- 6 night’s accommodation on double/ twin sharing basis in the given choice of hotels
- Daily buffet breakfast in the hotel. Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner in Srinagar
- Private transportation by using air-conditioned chauffeur driven vehicle. Non Air-conditioned vehicle in Kashmir
- Government approved English speaking local tour guides for sightseeing tours in each city
- Traditional welcome on arrival at airport with Garlanding
- All requisite airport transfers with personal assistance
- Gandola ride at Gulmarg
- Elephant ride to ascend the Amber fort in Jaipur
- Accompanying tour escort throughout the tour (above 6 pax group)
- Monument entrance fee (approximate RM 120 per person for entire tour) and video camera charges
- Visa, International & Domestic flight ticket or Airport taxes
- Medical or Travel Insurance
- Any other personal nature of expenses i.e. phone calls, laundry, mini bar, tipping, meals, soft & hard drinks etc
- Anything other than specified under the head “Inclusions”.
|Adult (Single)||Adult (Twin)||Adult (Triple)||Child With Bed||Child Without Bed||Start Date (D/M/Y)||End Date (D/M/Y)|
Duration: 6 Nights / 7 Days Ex: Delhi
Jaipur - Delhi - Agra
Price On Request
93 other people are considering
Best Price Guarantee
Pay 30% to Hold and Get Best Price Guarantee
How It Works
Filling up your tiny preferences form
Get multiple free quotes from our experts
Customize & book a perfect experience